Its been a while since I have done some good amount of reading. Of course no pressure. I want to read, because I like to read. In an attempt to get back to doing one of the my favorite things, I ordered six books in flipkart. In a sudden overwhelming fit to read, I started browsing the best sellers list on thy site. Out of the 46 items, I could convince myself to buy 6.
1) I too had a love story by Ravinder Singh : A love story in the best sellers list, is a sure buy for me. Also, it had some kickass reviews. So, two thumbs up.
2) Don’t Lose Your Mind, Lose Your Weight by Rujuta Diwekar : I am not sure why I bought this one. But, got a good deal on this one. ( to those with doubts: I am fit. )
3) Horn OK Please – HOPping To Conclusions by Kartik Iyengar : I’d love to travel, for the heck of it, one day. I am a little bit lazy for that now. But the reason behind buying this one is that 50% of the proceeds from this book will be dedicated to the Mahesh Memorial Trust, Chennai (Tamil Nadu) and the Tibetan SOS Village in Leh (Ladakh) by the author. Also, this copy was printed at an oprhanage. Great, right!
4) Losing My Virginity And Other Dumb Ideas by Madhuri Banerjee : I love the title. I am curious about what goes on, in girls heads. Two solid reasons.
5) Urban Shots by Paritosh Uttam : 13 authors for a single book caught my attention. The smile of the girl on the cover is good too
6) 34 Bubblegums And Candies by Preeti Shenoy : Seemed hatke. Got it at a great deal too.
All these six books seem to be thin,. So, If I complete all of them in a month, that would be an awesome start!
ps: Most of the books I read belong to the sci-fi/fantasy genre. Wanted to read from a different genre this time. So, I curbed my anxiety to start LOTR.